STAG 2019 will host, as usual, the EG-Italy thesis award ceremony. Starting from this year, the award will be dedicated to the memory of Matteo Dellepiane, whose passion, enthusiasm, and commitment for science and computer graphics will be of inspiration for all the recipients of this prize.
The Matteo Dellepiane Award recognizes high quality research thesis produced in italian institutions. We aim to motivate young researchers, giving them the opportunity to present their works at an international scientific venue. Two awards will be granted: one for the best PhD thesis, and one for the best MSc thesis.
To be eligible for the award, the following three requirements must be fulfilled:
- the major topic of the thesis should be related to computer graphics
(all topics covered by Eurographics/SIGGRAPH are good)
- the research must be conducted in Italy, or in collaboration with an italian institution
(at least one advisor must be affiliated to an italian institute).
- the thesis must be defended in between January 1st, 2018 and August 31st, 2019
To apply for the award, researchers need to provide the following documentation:
- type of thesis (MSc of PhD)
- name and affiliation of the author(s)
- name of the advisor(s), and their affiliation(s)
- a PDF version of the thesis (either in english or italian)
- list of any scientific publication resulted from the thesis
The documentation must be sent to the Thesis Awards Chairs (email@example.com) not later than
August 31st, 2019 September 15th, 2019 (extended). Nominations can be sent directly by the candidate, the supervisor, or by any other person.
The Thesis Awards Committee will be selected between the members of the STAG technical committee. The review process is double blind. Each reviewer will consider:
- the overall quality of the presentation
- the bibliography
- the ability of the candidate to position her work within the state of the art in the field
- the magnitude of the technical contribution
- the quality of the results
- the level and impact of each publication derived from the thesis
Awarded thesis will be announced before the beginning of the conference. The authors will be invited to attend STAG 2019, where they will give a presentation at a dedicated session. Additionally, each winner will profit from a free registration and travel grant.
Thesis Awards Co-Chairs
Rita Borgo, King's College London, United Kingdom
Marco Livesu, CNR IMATI, Italy
Ruggero Pintus, CRS4, Italy